Monday, January 30, 2012

a small project.

Finding the time for crafting has been difficult since Mia's arrival. Before her, I had numerous sewing, painting, or knitting projects on the go. That all came to a grinding halt 6+ months ago and just the thought of picking one of them up again left me feeling guilty (because why would I not want to be spending every waking moment with my new baby?) Now, as she approaches the 7-month mark, our days are starting to follow some sort of predictable pattern and I'm able to manage my time more wisely. Mind you, by the time 7pm rolls around I'm ready for bed and the idea of starting a new project (however small) is very daunting and almost unimaginable for my foggy brain. However, I miss making things. As a result, I've decided to make it a priority to get some "me" time in every evening and get my hands (and brain) moving once again. So, the other day, I made a nursing pillow.

Actually, we don't use it as a nursing pillow. It's more of a sitting pillow that acts as a safety buffer between little miss "Teeter-Totter's" noggin and the legs on the coffee table. The pattern is from Lotta Jandsotter's book, "Simple Sewing for Baby." The pattern is very easy to follow and the whole project took just under 2 hours.



1 comment:

Paula KiliƧlar said...

cute pillow and adorable baby